These are First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd Terms & Conditions. They tell you:
- The rules for using our services.
- What you can expect from First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd
- Your rights and responsibilities
When These Terms Apply
Please ensure you read these terms before using our services. By using our services, you are agreeing to these terms. You are also agreeing to our: Privacy and Cookie policies.
The latest version always applies, and we will usually only make updates when we offer a new service, change how we provide a service or have to comply with a new legal requirement.
What We Mean by Services
Anything offered by First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd, across all the trades we cover:
- Emergency Call Outs
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- 'Us/We/Our' refers to First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd
- “You” refers to you: the customer (the organisation or person for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply materials).
- “Tradesperson/tradespeople” refers to the representative(s) appointed by First Choice Drainage Solutions to carry out work.
We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to designate the tradesperson/ tradespeople who will represent us.
Hourly Rate Work
The total charge to you will consist of the cost(s) of:
- Labour (the amount of time spent by the tradesperson carrying out work) including all reasonable time spend obtaining non-stocked materials, charged in accordance with our current hourly rates.
- Materials supplied by us (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials +25% markup)
You will only be charged for the time spent related to your work. All other time, i.e., lunch breaks is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate, except cases where the work carried out is zero-rated.
Fixed Price work
The total charge to you will be given as a firm cost (manifest errors exempted), inclusive of labour and materials. All costs are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Where a written estimate has been supplied to you, the total charge outlined in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20%, but maybe revised in the following circumstances:
- If, after the submission of the estimate, you instruct us (in writing or verbally) to carry out additional work not referred to in the estimate.
- If, after the submission of the estimate, there is an increase in the price of materials.
- If, after submission of the estimate, it is discovered that further work needs to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
- If, after submission of the estimate, it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
- Requirement of a detailed Insurance Report (in addition to the estimate and invoice) will incur a nominal charge of £25.00.
The estimate is valid for 45 days from the date of the written document. Prices may need to be reviewed after this period to reflect any changes in material or fuel costs. You shall give timely notice of when work is to be carried out.
We will not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to you and will only be bound by estimates given to you in writing. We will not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable, however:
- Time taken will be kept to a minimum and within reason should not exceed 45 minutes.
- In the unforeseen circumstances that the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes, you will receive prior notification of the reason.
Invoices and Payment
Upon agreement for us to carry out any estimated or Prebooked work, a deposit of 50% of the total is payable immediately. We reserve the right to request full payment in advance at our discretion.
Upon completion of work, you will be invoiced, for which payment is due on receipt. First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd reserves the right to accrue and charge interest on any part of an invoice which remains unpaid at a rate of 4% over the base rate until payment is received by us in full.
You accept sole liability to make payment in full, unless you disclose when initially instructing us, to carry out work and/or supply materials that you are acting on behalf of a third party.
Where the date and/or time for work to be carried out is agreed, we will use reasonable endeavour to ensure that the tradesperson attends accordingly. We accept no liability in respect of the nonattendance or late-attendance on site of the tradesperson, or for the non-delivery of materials.
We will not be liable for any delay, or for the consequences of any delay, in performing any of our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond reasonable control, and we will be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
If you need to cancel (or rearrange) your booking, you must notify is (preferably by telephone) by the end of the working day before the scheduled booking. Cancellations made further in advance should also be made by telephone, and you should request written confirmation from us, so that you are not liable to be charged.
If you cancel your booking more immediately prior to work being carried out, or materials being supplied, you will be liable for the cost of any time and materials uncured by us, together with the profit that would have been made by us, in accordance with the original instructions.
First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd are committed to providing a professional, high quality service to every customer. If, after we have carried out the work, you are not wholly satisfied with our service(s) you must provide us with written notice within 12 months. You must allow us, and out insurers, the opportunity to both inspect and carry out remedial work where appropriate. If you fail to notify us, as outline above, then we will not be liable in respect of any defects in the work carried out.
For your peace of mind, we provide a 12 month guarantee on labour carried out by a First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd tradesperson, in respect of faulty workmanship only. This is active from the date of completion of work, in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty/warranties.
The guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by us is:
- Subject to misuse or negligence
- Repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than a First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd tradesperson. We will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by you and will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
We will not guarantee any work in respect of:
- Blockages in waste or drainage systems
- Any work undertaken on instruction from you and against the written or verbal advice of the tradesperson.
Work is only guaranteed in respect of work directly undertaken by us and full payment having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by us will not be guaranteed.
Where we agree to carry out work on installations of inferior quality (or over ten years old) no warranty is given in respect of such work and we accept no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such work or otherwise.
We will only be liable for rectifying our own guaranteed work and will not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at the time.
We will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed, or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where you have been notified by the tradesperson either verbally or written.
We shall not be held liable for any delay, or consequences of any delay, in performing our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
We will be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any tradesperson whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
You will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of the Gas Safe Regulations or any Gas Warning Notice issued by a First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd tradesperson.
Title to Goods
Good supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property, we have the authority to:
- Retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Enter any premises, at any time and without notice, in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
- Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring, or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Health and Safety
You must provide safe and adequate access to the point at which work is to be carried out. Work is subject to clear and un-interrupted access.
We reserve the right to stop work if we feel that our safety could be compromised.
Annual Service Terms & Conditions
The contract of works is based upon access being made available to all assets for all contract visits.
A two-man crew will attend site for maintenance due to health & safety. Our proposal will include a fully comprehensive package covering preventative maintenance.
Any blockages under the contract that arise between service visits are cleared free of charge if they occur within three months of our attendance.
We endeavour to make all attendance arrangements directly with you prior to each of the scheduled visits in the contract. Access will be required to all car parks and communal areas for the duration of our attendance.
We may require free access to an electricity and water supply as well as safe storage for materials.
All waste will be removed from the site as per current legislation, unless stated otherwise.
These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied, or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions will prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree to irrevocably waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
First Choice Drainage Solutions Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number: 10098373.
Our registered office address is 15 Rye Hill Road, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7JE.
Our main trading address is Unit 4 Kingston Farm, Down Hall Road, Matching, Essex, CM17 0RB.
Our registered VAT number is 193664767.